Friday, October 26, 2007
HALLOWEENIE TIME AGAIN????
Well, here's Happy Bunny helping me to bring you a special greeting for Halloweenie this double-0 seven!
There's a lotta stupidity going on in the music world & it's all about dumb guys. But hey, there are a few dumb girls out there too. I think we all know who they are & they're the last thing I'm going to talk about on this very cool bleecch. But at least someone's on my side. Like my very special bud in Canada Miss Angell!! Probably the coolest blogger in the Northern land. Thanks for the support Miss Angell, you rule my world.
But what must we talk about this very special sacred Halloweenie time??? What's the scariest thing to talk about this most cooliest of moments?? That dumb new Next American Band show? Which is just sickening! These solo albums by dorks who I thought were solo in the first place but it turns out they actually have bands even though they still suck solo????? Ugh no too scary! The fact that Kane East is outsellling a Quarter or how ever much he's not worth. Let's hope they both quit for all our sakes!!! Or the fact that Jello is still trying to sing & now touring & not feeding her poor husband??? SICK!! That it's bad enough they're destroying Yankee Stadium but now Madison Square Garden??? I don't know, how about Murder??? EEWW!! Don't freak? I've been watching this completely awesome new show called Women's Murder Club on the tele & I don't know why but it's very cool. With the exception of one bad actor [the lead's ex & boss in the show -ugh!! yuk!! AAHH!! bleecch!!]it rocks. I haven't seen TV since they canceled Remington Steele. But occasionally something cool will appear every 10 years [like Blind Justice, which was really cool & I miss!]. But of course that got me to thinking what is only on my head!!! MURDER!!! SONGS!!! SPOOK TIME!! LET"S ROCK!!
What are the coolest Halloweenie songs about murder & witches & cool stuff like that??? No not Welcome To My Nightmare by Alice, even though he is the MAN!! I have a few others in mine for this very HALLOWEENIE WEEK which unfortunately I have to miss. But I'll be listening....
1. VICTOR-BLONDIE -This has to be without a doubt one of the greatest if not the best spookiest song EVER!! Just hearing Debbie scream over & over & over is nothing short of brilliant!!
2. DON"T LEAVE ME NOW-PINK FLOYD - If the line 'I need you to beat to a pulp on a Saturday night' doesn't scare you then you have no feelings!!
3. RHIANNON -STEVIE NICKS - Queen witch!
4. RAGE-HEART -Gotta hand it to Heart, they do write lots of spooky songs. This is one of their angriest.
Nothing is better than hearing Ann Wilson screaming 'RAGE!'.
5.NIGHT MOVES- MARILYN MARTIN -If no one remembers this song they may remember the videos which was almost as scary as the song. In the video she plays a murderess who not only kills her prey [lots of dudes] but hangs them all & saves them in a warehouse in the scariest most incredible ending ever in a video.
6. AND WHEN I DIE-Blood Sweat & Tears -I don't know how they came up with this version of this song but it rocks. Laura Nyro wrote this about death but they somehow made it fun.
7.WHERE THE WILD ROSES GROW-NICK CAVE & KYLIE -Yes, THAT Kylie. But she isn't whining on this particular song as she's about to be murdered by the guy singing with her who loves writing songs about death. Beyond creepy!
8.THE RIPPER-LITA FORD -A very scary fantastic song which was so weird she didn't even sing it live. She played the entire song live as an instrumental & it just featured her amazing lead.
9. THE VICTIM-PAT BENATAR -She doesn't even know how great this song is. Just a poor girl doing everything wrong. BRILLIANT & LOUD!!
10. HYPNOTIZED-FLEETWOOD MAC -Nobody does spook better than Fleetwood Mac & even before Stevie they had someone way scarier looking in Bob Welch. But he managed to be brilliant in the amazing stuff he wrote for them even though he was forgotten at the R'n'R Hall Of Fame.
11. MURDER-DAVID GILMOUR -He just loves writing songs like this. Starts of slow then MURDERS YOU!!! The sick bastard!!
12. NOW IT"S MY TURN-BERLIN -There's something to be said when the crime of being hurt can go to trial. Incredible.
13. IT'S EVERYTHING BUT PARTYTIME -GO-GO'S - The most amazing song about everything that could every go wrong in life that's scary. Tremendously spooky.
14. GYPSIES, TRAMPS & THIEVES -CHER -The coolest song about the coolest people on earth.
15. QUEEN BEE- BARBRA STREISAND -The best song in the world about a spider. [besides Boris -the Who]
16. SPIDER WEB -JOAN OSBORNE -The creepiest song about her dream that Ray Charles got his sight back. Wild.
17. SWEET FIRE OF LOVE -ROBBIE ROBERTSON & U2 -This song is extremely spooky for the fact that Robbie's voice just makes you want to DIE!
18. ROLAND THE HEADLESS THOMPSON GUNNER-WARREN ZEVON -SICK!
19. HELL IS FOR CHILDREN -PAT BENATAR -There is nothing scarier than Pat yelling 'hell' over & over again!
20.VICTIMS-CULTURE CLUB - This is still one of the saddest songs & the greatest Culture Club song ever!
21. ALL YOU ZOMBIES-HOOTERS -INCREDIBLE!!
22. HELL-SQUIRREL NUT ZIPPERS - I cannot emphasize how vicious this is!
23.MONSTER-FRED SCHNEIDER -The most hilarious funny spook song ever!
24. I"M SCARED-BRIAN MAY -WOW!! IN this song Brian just loses it as he tells the world he's basically scared of everything! BEYOND GENIUS!!
25.TWILIGHT ZONE-MANHATTAN TRANSFER -A cool scary jazz song. Wild!
THE WORST!!! Do I have to explain why?????:
1.ALL HELL'S BREAKIN' LOOSE-KISS -VERY SCARY!
2.THE END -THE DOORS -GET REAL!
3.BAD MEDICINE-BON DORKFACE-VERY BAD!
4.POISON- ALICE COOPER -Alice you're the master but you blew it with this one.
5.THRILLER -SORRY IT SUCKS, VINCENT PRICE IS ALL THAT MAKES THIS!
6.GHOSTBUSTERS-Ray Parker Jr. -The worst artist in the history of music.
7. Halloween-DAVE Matthews Band -COME ON!
8. Devil's Haircut-Beck -Please!
9. Superstition-Stevie Wonder -Boring, sorry, especially every single version of this song done by every other artist!
HAPPY HALLOWEENIE KIDDIES! Give me your list.....