Friday, December 29, 2006

GOODBYE 2006..PART 2-TOP 10-QUICKIE...



I forgot was my Best Albums of the Year list. That's why Happy here is so sad! I can't believe Xmas is gone. So here's goes Happy!

Well first of all, this had to be the WORST YEAR FOR MUSIC YET! Rolling Stone released their ultra-suck list but they kept them to 50. Which is hilarious since it's amazing they even found 50 [It used to be 100 you know- it's incredible they even found 100 songs, which is a JOKE!]. I'll tell you this, I'm amazed I FOUND 10!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reality is shows have become better than records lately:

Best Shows:
1. ASIA 25th-Nokia, Oyster
2. GO-GO'S 25th-Nokia
3. RINGO * & SHEILA E.-Radio City
4. LISA MARIE PRESLEY-BB King's
5. DENNIS DEYOUNG-NJ
6. AIR SUPPLY-BB Kings/St. George
7. QUEEN & Paul RODGERS-Nassau
8. WNTDTYR-Alphabet Lounge
9. BREAKERBOX-Continental
10. IAN GILLAN- Ethical Culture


[Sad sidenote: The only reason that David Gilmour & Roger Waters weren't on this list is because I MISSED IT! ]

But here it goes & I will leave you with the BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR to listen to, Because RS seems to have forgotten this record BECAUSE THEY'RE STUPID!
It's not on their list AT ALL, they officially SUCK NOW! & I DARE YOU to tell me that these shouldn't be here! I don't need to explain any of these!

1. ON AN ISLAND-DAVID GILMOUR [brilliant & mellow]
2. EYE TO THE TELESCOPE-KT TUNSTALL [genius new lady]
3. WOLFMOTHER-WOLFMOTHER [I love the title it says it all]
4. XXX-CHICAGO [yeah, that's right 30!]
5. TAKING THE LONG WAY-DIXIE CHICKS [tremendous]
6. FROM THIS MOMENT ON-DIANA KRALL [too cool]
7. PRETTY LITTLE STRANGER-JOAN OSBORNE [not fair since it came out in Nov. but it took that long for anything else to come out this good this year]
8. TURN AROUND-JONNY LANG [he's just sick!]
9. UNDER THE COVERS VOL.1-MATTHEW SWEET & SUSANNA HOFFS [this was very well done]
10. BLACK CADILLAC-ROSANNE CASH [I met her]
11. THIS OLD ROAD-KRIS KRISTOFFERSON [ok, so I found 11- who cares!]

I bet y'all didn't even hear these, or didn't know they were out. Well now's your chance to get with it loons! I'll tell you what the

No. 1 song of the year was, since it just came out & since I missed it, it's............
RICK WRIGHT's version of ARNOLD LAYNE [not Bowie's], which is beautiful & for SYD!! THERE!
No. 2-ROGER WATERS version of HAVE A CIGAR!
No. 3: Actually it's WOLFMOTHER's version of COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN! Wolfmother has managed to do something I never thought would happen, make me like a Led Zep song!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
luv, WIZARD EARL OF ROZZIE BEARLAND!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: